Jyotish, Vedic Astrology,
Indian Astrology, Online Course, Consultations, Articles, Books by Prash Trivedi
Astrology - Its Importance and Relevance
by Prash Trivedi
- The word 'Astrology' is derived from two roots - 'aster,' or star,
and 'logos,' or logic - giving it the meaning 'star logic'.
- The importance of Astrology in our lives can be gauged from the real
meaning of the word 'disaster.' The word 'disaster' is made up of two
roots - 'dis' or separation, and 'aster' or stars - giving it the
meaning 'separation from the stars. The implications of this meaning in
relation with the present understanding of this word are not hard to
- Astrology is our only connection with the cosmos. All we have is sky
above and ground below.
- Astrology connects the patterns in the heavens with the happenings
- Astrology is the oldest among sciences. Its origins can be traced
back to the beginning of the cosmos and it will be relevant as long as
the universe exists
- Astrology is the soul of astronomy ... it begins where astronomy
stops. Astronomy without Astrology is as lifeless as a body without a
soul ...it is similar to trying to appreciate a painting by analyzing
the chemical composition of the colours used.
- Astrology is the language of the stars ... it is in fact the
- Astrology is basically a science of time. Every moment in time has a
certain quality attached to it. By being born at a particular moment in
time under the heavens we imbibe this quality. The personal horoscope is
just a simplified map of the heavens at the moment we are born. It is in
turn a guide map for our journey through time on the planet known as
- Astrology does not pronounce any judgement. Just like nature, it has
no good or bad. It just reveals what was, what is, and what can be.
- Astrology is not about depending on fate as a lot of people purport
it to be. In fact, it puts more emphasis on karma than fate. Today's
'karma' is tomorrow's 'fate'.
- Astrology is the science of 'light' and lights the path known as
life. It is finally up to us to traverse the path once it has been
- Astrology is not about bondage to a cruel hand of fate or destiny
but all about attaining freedom through understanding and proper use of
- Astrology functions upon the natures law - "for every action there
is an equal and opposite reaction." Our fate (present life) is made up
of our own actions (past) and thus can be dissolved only by our own
actions (present). It is all a question of varying forces. Supposing if
our previous actions carry a weight of 100 lb. and if our effort (in the
present) outweighs 100 lb. we will overcome our fate.
- Astrology lets us know what tools we have at our disposal in the
present life and how we can make best possible use of them.
- Astrology is the answer to the 'why' of everything with in the realm
of human existence.
- Astrology is a catalyst in our evolutionary journey ... it can help
us learn our lessons with the minimum of strife.
- Astrology is all about lessening confusion and increasing clarity.
- Astrology is all-encompassing ... it covers all the spheres of human
existence. It is the root of psychology, healing and all other
- Astrology is all-inclusive ... it has no bias for any race,
religion, gender, culture or nationality. It has space for all the
modern branches of science and even those who don't believe in it!
- Astrology has much more to offer than just being a tool for
foretelling the future.
- Astrology is the chord linking the past, present and the future.
- Astrology is a conscious way of living our lives on earth. In
Plato's words " a life unanalyzed is not worth living"... it is a
wonderful tool for self-introspection and self-analysis.
- Astrology is a personal as well as a collective science.
- Astrology is more about understanding than belief ... it is a
knowledge system not a belief system.
- Astrology is the key to attaining the understanding of the workings
of the Universal Mind.
- Astrology basically deals with consciousness ... it works on a
material level through the level of consciousness.
- Astrology in a sense deciphers the handwriting of the Creator ... it
unravels the message inherent in the stars spawning the night sky.
- Astrology is the only common link between all the existing as well
as the ancient cultures.
- Astrology is not a science of chance, but since probabilities exist
at the quantum level of existence as modern physics has found they do so
at the macro level as well. So astrology doesn't say a certain event is
going to happen. It only indicates that there is a certain probability
of an event happening.
- Astrology is as valid as its practitioner. It can only be pronounced
valid or invalid after being put to test like everything else. Sir Isaac
Newton's retort when a fellow scientist was questioning its validity -
," but Sir, I practice it and you don't " - puts this point in
- Astrology is amazingly accurate ... it can work accurately even on a
daily or hourly basis if required.
© 2000 Prash
Trivedi. All rights reserved.